Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Vacation is On..... Trying to Die...


Sorry I don´t blog as much as Bram. Making myself homesick isn´t what my vacation is about. Anyway, we´re off to the jungle for a Marlowish adventure. We plan to test the limits of human sanity spending something like 10 days in a little jungle canoe, sleeping in hammocks. I promise I´m going to eat about 1000 Pirhanna.. So if you don´t hear from us in 3 weeks.. Well my Mom´s getting the postcard; she´ll know what to do..


So before we left.. Cousin´s was closed. We´re very sorry. Thanks if you came out and kept us up way too late anyway..


Like Mellissa. Like everyone else I went to high school with, she´s cooler now..



It was a regular ¨breakfast at 10 pm¨ type affair


Robert from Fishing was there. And Katie with one of those hats on. She´s allowed though..


And the Strangler. He had on a wild eagle sweater..


There are 2 people we have discussed ¨should have split a ticket for¨´s.. Jimbo is definately #1..


I guess people wanted to party with us; or at least with Bram..



In some circles this might be date rape.. Oh yeah, Kaytee was in town..


This is where you pretend I didn´t post party pictures. There is tons of politically motivated graffiti around.. Like this on our hostel..


You could film 2000 leagues under the sea in the foundation of this house.


The reason we got on the plane in the first place.. Mucho Gnarly..


The view from Quito´s oldest observation tower..




I haven´t seen that many wild dogs yet. But I promise to pick one up at some time.


See Mom, it´s not the stone age. Not in Quito at least..


There aren´t many cool looking cyclists. This guy was super old though and totally killing it..



On Sunday it rained like crazy. Something like 45 people died in the mountains in a bus crash..



This is a poor first installment of ¨Backpacker Trash¨a photo essay that Bram and I are working on..



Bram posted hella handsome photos of me and he can see his photos and everything. How about this for a blind one?


Or this one?


View from the towers of death...


And the floor of death..


Bramwell sitting somewhere you could never sit in North America..


I shot alot more film.. So you´re gonna have to wait for super tourist photos..


One of these...


Oh wait. There were two...



Tourist photos for Mommies..


I´m upset that they installed slightly safer ladders. There would be fewere people making out if you still had to climb these ones..


Ever walk on the ceiling of a cathedral that is closer to 500 than 300 years old?


Backpacker trash vol.2


This fruit cup costs something like 40 cents..


There is a very tiny girl on rollerblades at the bottom of Mamo Mega..


Yet another spot Cardiel did something gnarly at that is very difficult to Ollie. Bram felt obligated and got it done..



You´ll be happy to know that Womyn´s rights groups aren´t exactly sweeping the nation..


Bram and I were thinking we´d get a scooter. So we did.. Err.. No.. But that´s what it would look like.. Only cooler because our clothes are filthy..


¨You know, his tail is alot softer than I thought it would be.¨ Good skate obstacle..


Tourist Trap...


Sucker...



So, I´ll be in touch. Get out of town.. Skate or Die.. If you want a postcard, send me your adress..

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

vroomstein:

you rule shit.

GOOD looking PHOTOS homie.


i wish i was with yous guys.. or i wish yous guys were with us guys!?

i can't wait for yous guys to see wreck 4 - graveyard stench... we haven't even STARTED making it yet..

it's gonna suck.

<3

next time, if i'm a millionaire, because of my new job, that i don't have yet, but kinda do..

i'm fuckin' COMING.

love,
jimbo

9:00 PM  
Blogger stevedave said...

Can you hardflip?

PS, you for real missed the Reynolds, The Birdman and Bam in town, it was mayhem.

Take it easy homeboys.


...dammit, now I want a dirty cheap fruit cup...

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie,
Nice pix of it all. How thrilling to be where you're at now and to see it from the skateboard wheels on up! I used to skateboard, but my wheels got stuck in Texas and I got knees/elbows bloodied after just a few skates, and that was that!

But, wow, the canoe down the Amazon(is that where's it at?)plus the romp thru the jungle definitely is just one of many a highlight to lots you'll be having while there.

Fawcett got lost looking for a lost Indian tribe - Villa-ca-bambas(it sounds good, but I'm sure that wasn't it - I think it's a river down the mtns. from Macchu Picchu)and the 'old man of the forest' so don't follow his footsteps... just have serious picture-making fun!
Stay safe you guys,
Pete

8:26 PM  
Blogger lindseyw said...

oh, I am SO jealous. Great photos. I'm going to email you my address, because I want a damn postcard.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Crap that looks like fun. That church is amazing.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home